1 1/3 cups sliced green onions, divided
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 1/4 teaspoons ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bay leaves, finely crumbled
1 small habanero pepper, chopped
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 (1-inch) slices fresh pineapple
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1. Place 1 cup sliced onions, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sugar, and next 8 ingredients (through habanero pepper) in a mini food processor; process until almost smooth. Pour mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
3. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Let chicken stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
4. Place pineapple on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill pineapple 6 minutes, turning once. Cool 5 minutes. Chop pineapple; place in a medium bowl. Add remaining 1/3 cup onions, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, bell pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to combine.
5. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place chicken on grill rack; grill chicken 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into slices. Serve with pineapple salsa.
Cooking Light DT